You are not logged in.

dogspercussion

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 5:32pm

General Informations about Dog´s Percussion

Dog´s Percussion is a small cajon manufactory in Kiel (in the north of Germany).

In 2005/06 I started to experiment with different constructive principles and materials. My main intention at that time was to integrate cajon-building into my work as an occupational therapist. But after some time I became curious how competitive my instruments were in comparison to established brands.

For this reason I was searching for drummers and percussion players as partners/endorsers and I found Markus Zell, who has an own drum school in Kiel, and Soenke Liethmann, who plays percussion in very many local bands and projects.

Cajones are often designed to be pretty pieces of furniture - a Dog´s cajon, however, is a reduction to what is essential. This has it´s justification in the history of the instrument as such and - at the same time - in the idea of what is necessary to let a sounding box be(come) a cosmic thing.

After having registered Dog´s Percussion as a trade officially - 2008 - I wanted to discuss everything with musicians in order to find out what their preferences are. But this did not have such a profitable effect on further experiments as expected. Instead, it became frustrating that increasingly more people felt doing me a favour by naming minimum one more feature for an ultimate cajon, whenever I presented them my concrete instruments. Finally I found out, that special quality features, projected onto an individual cajon, provoke always perceptions of lacks or imaginations of different features, which are not considered. So, a Dog´s cajon is a Dog´s cajon and that´s it.

On the photo above you see a Nené-Vásquez-Signature-Cajon (and of course Nené, who is my most prominent endorser). It is the only special Dog´s model series and has some preparations for placing a Sennheiser e901 inside.

Oliver

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "dogspercussion" (Aug 14th 2012, 3:39pm)