You are not logged in.

• "Susana Jütte" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 21st 2012

Occupation: Sängerin, Percussionistin, Vocalcoach, Dozentin für Drums, Percussion, rhythmische und musikalische Früherziehung

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 11:11pm

Hi guys :-)

Hi!

I'm Susana, I live in Hilden and I'm a professional musician. Though I love to play percussion and even play in two bands, my main instrument is my voice... :)

Five days a week, I work as vocal coach and teacher for drums, percussion and early music education with babys, kids, teens and adults... Add rehearsals, gigs, family and the occasional zumba class and that pretty much sums up my life ;)

Have a great weekend!!!
Su

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 11:16pm

Hey girl, nice to have you here ;)

p.dog

Administrator

Date of registration: Dec 2nd 2011

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 11:45pm

Olala la Sonera :) !

Welcome at percussionforum.net. I hope you´ll find some time to tell us more detailled about all those activities. Beside topics about music I am very much interested in your work with children too (for instance). Maybe you know that I run a rhythmic training-group of adolescents with social disadvantages since almost two years (?).

By the way: what is a zumba class?

Oliver

Occupation: Sängerin, Percussionistin, Vocalcoach, Dozentin für Drums, Percussion, rhythmische und musikalische Früherziehung

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 12:07am

Zuuuuuuuuuuuuumbaaaaaaa!!!

By the way: what is a zumba class?

Zumba is my favorite workout :)

A lot of latin rhythms, hip shaking and partyfeeling... you only notice that it was a workout and not a party when you get up the day after and feel your muscles screaming ;) :D

But the last time I went to a zumba class, I didn't dance... I took Marcito and some drums :D :D :D

We did six classes in a row... Five solid hours of live percussion to Salsa, Cumbia, Merengue, Reggaeton and Latinpop... :)

Kiss, Su

http://www.zumba.com/en-US/

p.dog

Administrator

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 12:23am

Did you already experienced Fit4Drums? It is a fitness-program with a special kind of drums concepted by Bassam Abdul Salam who lives very close to Kiel. We never met - just phoned some times.

Oliver

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 12:49am

Never heard about it - but it sounds interesting!
There is a similar concept called "drumsalive" where you "play" on big balls.
I thought about trying it but haven't found time yet...
Well... to be honest... I hit skins... wood... but hitting a big ball... ^^ ;) it seemed ridiculous because it's about a lot of things - but not about sound... ?( ;)

Sweet dreams :)
Su

p.dog

Administrator

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 1:02am

After this post I will go to bed :sleeping: .

There were also articles about Fit4Drums in the last two OffBeats (Percussion Creativ). The drums are not very loud - the surface is similar to canvas for trucks and trailers. So, you can make workouts with a big mass of participants without getting a hearing damage.

Oliver