You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to percussion forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Woodpecker" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 20th 2013

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 9:06am

Ignas the Woodpecker

Hi,

I'm Ignas from Lithuania. And what I've been up to lately is making percussion instruments. I've made quite some experimental sounding objects, including a cajon, an improvised double sided cowbell, a xylophone-necklace for kids, a bucket and pot kit on a rack for street performance, i've even tried to make a 'hang drum' (with tons of effort but sadly not as much success), etc. I mostly work with wood.

A folding balafon is something I've created a few years ago.
It used to accompany me in my rucksack during my early travels, and it received quite some positive feedback from various audiences here and there.

After I returned home and settled down in my hometown in Lithuania, I'm taking the opportunity to continue this work.
Since the start I've been receiving encouraging feedback and I hope this project is going to grow.

Thanks,
Ignas
Woodpecker's Balafons
website | facebook | youtube